· Review the overall project goals and objectives and develop strategies to align with business and customers' goals.
· Work with appropriate personnel to define scope, timelines and budget.
· Create or support the development and maintenance of complete project management plans and project schedules that include all WBS elements of the project business such as milestones and critical path activities.
· Monitor the overall progress of each project to ensure that goals are achieved within the defined scope, time and budget.
· Assist in resourcing project teams.
· Work collaboratively with other project managers to achieve project goals.
· Develop relationships with all stakeholders.
· Escalate issues to management and find timely resolution of issues.
· Insure the timely posting of all required project management artifacts and approvals in compliance with our methodology standards.
· Lead project meetings, captures status updates, & action items, escalating as necessary and ensures project deliverables are completed according to established timelines.
· Proactively engage with all members of the project team to create and deliver complete presentations on project goals and plans, including status reports.
· Leverage Risks, Issues, and Changes to effectively manage and control the execution of the project.
Required Qualifications, Skillsets and Abilities:
· Four (4) year Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university, preferably with major coursework in information systems, computer science, data processing, business, or a related field.
· Five (5) years of experience with software development (full life cycle), data migration and data integration (including mainframe).
· Five (5) years Project Management of experience which includes the preparation of project related documentation, planning & managing project activities, and the implementation of projects or maintenance activities.
· A minimum of three (3) years must involve information technology programs. Experience and education may be substituted on a year for year basis.
· Experience in planning the project scope, directing staff members, handling change requests, forecasting budgets and keeping everyone on the project within allotted time constraints.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
· Independence in decision making.
· Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
· Ability to effectively collaborate with others, initiate action and adapt to change.
· Ability to foster working relationships with the team and clients.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project/Project Server, and SharePoint.
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills, possessing diplomacy and good business judgment.
· Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.