Plans direct, and coordinates activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of the project accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Has overall responsibility for planning, directing, monitoring and reporting activities regarding Software Implementation projects.
- Prepare Project Charter and plans to determine procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, timeframe and budget
- Establishes work plan, required skill sets, and estimated work effort for each phase of the project.
- Ensure all needed IT assets and resources are collected to complete the project.
- Defines project tasks through consultation with team and adherence to established process, determines plans for accomplishing these tasks, assigns work elements to team members and assesses the performance of team members.
- Confers with the project team to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Tracks, monitors, and reviews project plans, tasks, and commitments to ensure delivery on time.
- Provide status reports for management, and others.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required
- Executes project change control process to ensure scope management and project profitability are in concert with the scope of work.
- Manages deliverables and schedules while balancing project team morale and member County satisfaction.
- Confers with project personnel to provide advice and to resolve problems.
- Work in close collaboration with end users, business users, and others to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs.
- Continuously strive to improve project management and professional skills.
- Provide solutions that comply with company direction, policies, and procedures. ·
- Plans and prepares technical reports and memoranda as documentation of project development.
- Directs and coordinates work of others to develop, test, install, and modify Software.
- Assist other program personnel in resolution of work problems.
- Must Adherence to Urban County Implementation standards and the systems development life cycle.
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other company departments and member County leadership to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Research and adopt industry methods and tools into daily office activities.
- Participate in deployments and support of software.
- 5 – 7 years minimum experience in IT Project Management including at least two years focused on software implementation projects
- Proficient in the use of MS Office especially Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Highly competent in estimating, planning, tracking and reporting project status, while managing change
- requests and project scope
- Excellent leadership, communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Good facilitation competencies in a small to medium size team setting.
- High attention to detail necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and equivalent
- A combination of relevant work experience and education.
- Criminal Court domain knowledge/experience
- Government experience
- PMP Certification
- Atlassian Software proficiency (JIRA, Confluence)