We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Point of Care Clinical Analyst for a 6-months for our Point of Care (POC) and other Laboratory systems. Individuals must have a strong background analyzing requirements gathered from clinical end users and other clinical stakeholders, creating BRDs, paper mock ups, flowcharts, project schedules and other tasks such as leading validation sessions and build. The right candidate will need the personality to assume ownership over a project, create guidance where there isn't any and influence the direction if it is not correct. Strong written and spoken language skills are a must and a strong background in clinical healthcare technologies and processes is strongly preferred.
The Point of Care Clinical Analyst works with assigned facility Lab Subject Matter Experts to implement TELCOR POCT software with assigned Telcor vendor analyst. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating and conducting interface connectivity and testing from a variety of testing devices deployed outside the clinical laboratory to the facilities' designated information systems. This includes working with a team of individuals at a facility that may include point of care coordinators, laboratory management, IT, network specialists, etc. Project Analysts may also be required to work on the support line to service facilities calling in with production issues and questions. Other responsibilities include active participation in POCT meetings and training sessions, documentation, and participation sometimes during outside traditional office hours.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Able to manage a complex project with multiple locations and user groups
• Experience in implementing a laboratory system (preferably Telcor&Cerner) in a large environment
• Basic knowledge of health system interfaces including ADT, clinical information, and billing
• Able to handle multiple subprojects with separate components including technical and user driven
• Experience working with EMR (electronic medical record) systems include the sending of orders and posting of results
• Familiarity with implementing systems and processes for downtimes and disaster recovery
• Knowledgeable in Point of Care Testing and additional laboratory (specifically Gen Lab: Chemistry)
• Familiarity with Pont of Care Terminology and laboratory terminology including specimen types, allowable values, linearities, antigens, antibodies, etc.
• Establishment of the steps required to implement the upgrade laboratory software systems including consolidating multiple systems.
• Communication with the laboratories and blood banks on the steps required for their being properly prepared for the multiple changes such as interface changes, upgrades including training and testing.
• Coordination of the activities of vendor staff, EITS staff and laboratory staff in the system change and upgrade preparatory tasks.
• Coordination of all testing for the upgrade and changes including vendor validation, functionality and instrument testing by the laboratories, and EMR interface testing.
• Creation of a step by step Go-live plans to be followed on the implementation date.
• Coordination of downtime and disaster recovery testing for the laboratory and blood bank system.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
• Highly knowledgeable in the features and function of the laboratory and blood bank system including interfacing with instruments.
• Experience with various types of blood products and laboratory test results.
• Health system interface (HL7) working knowledge, preferable with laboratory information including ADT, orders, results and billing
• Experience in system documentation including requirements definition and mapping to required system functionality
• Good end user presentation skills. Able to communicate technical information to users in a non-technical manner Good problem-solving skills in resolving issues with complex healthcare systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Will consider an applicant with licensed clinical background (RN, medical technologist or technician, RRT, etc)
• Strong PC computing experience (e.g. Microsoft ® Office, Windows ® operating systems)
Experience implementing, troubleshooting, or using clinical software applications is preferred but will consider similar experience with other types of applications.