We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Cerner Clinical Analyst for a 6-months for our Cerner Millenium/Pathnet Applications and other Laboratory systems. Individuals must have a strong background analyzing requirements gathered from clinical end users and other clinical stakeholders, creating BRDs, paper mockups, flowcharts, project schedules and other tasks such as leading validation sessions and build. The right candidate will need the personality to assume ownership over a project, create guidance where there isn't any and influence the direction if it is not correct. In addition, the Team Lead/Systems Analyst will require expertise in diagnosing issues and coordinating the appropriate additional resources to determine and deliver resolution. Strong written and spoken language skills are a must and a strong background in clinical healthcare technologies and processes is strongly preferred.
The Cerner Clinical Analyst works with assigned facility Lab Subject Matter Experts to implement Cerner Lab suite of application software that includes Cerner Gen Lab, Micro and Pathnet which addresses the need for integration of laboratory results performed within: in-house labs, reference labs, offsite clinics and on devices remotely located outside the clinical laboratory into the lab/clinical information systems. The Team Lead will need to have knowledge of MDI and POC implementation experience in order to take ownership of the application working with the assigned Cerner vendor analyst. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating and conducting interface connectivity and testing from a variety of testing devices deployed outside the clinical laboratory to the facilities' designated information systems. This includes working with a team of individuals at a facility with an entire cross functional team. In addition to working on the support line to service facilities calling in with production issues and questions to align applications to conform to Cerner standards and Facilities' needs. Other responsibilities include active participation in Cerner weekly meetings and training sessions, documentation, and participation sometimes during outside traditional office hours. The Team lead will balance the above while managing the impacts of technology implementation to optimize clinical work processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Able to manage a complex project with multiple locations and user groups
• Experience in implementing a laboratory system (preferably Cerner & EPIC) in a large environment
• Basic knowledge of health system interfaces including ADT, clinical information, and billing
• Able to handle multiple subprojects with separate components including technical and user driven.
• Experience working with EMR (electronic medical record) systems include the sending of orders and posting of results
• Familiarity with implementing systems and processes for downtimes and disaster recovery
• Knowledgeable in Cerner Application Testing and additional laboratory (Gen Lab, Micro, and AP)
• Familiarity with Cerner Terminology and laboratory terminology including specimen types, allowable values, linearities, antigens, antibodies, etc.
• Establishment of the steps required to implement the upgrade laboratory software systems including consolidating multiple systems.
• Communication with the laboratories and other ancillary departments (blood banks) to lead in the implementation process required for their being properly prepared for the multiple changes such as interface changes, upgrades including training and testing.
• Coordination of the activities of vendor staff, EITS staff and laboratory staff in the system change and upgrade preparatory tasks.
• Coordination of all testing for the upgrade and changes including vendor validation, functionality and instrument testing by the laboratories, and interface testing.
• Creation of a Go Live Site Activation Document to account for all timed tasks from start to finish in preparation for Cutover and a Go-live activities to be followed on the implementation date.
• Coordination of downtime and disaster recovery testing for the laboratory and ancillary systems.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
• Highly knowledgeable in the features and function of the laboratory and blood bank system including interfacing with instruments.
• Experience with various types of blood products and laboratory test results.
• Health system interface (HL7) working knowledge, preferable with laboratory information including ADT, orders, results and billing
• Experience in system documentation including requirements definition and mapping to required system functionality
• Good end user presentation skills. Able to communicate technical information to users in a non-technical manner Good problem-solving skills in resolving issues with complex healthcare systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Will consider an applicant with licensed clinical background (RN, medical technologist or technician, RRT, etc)
• Strong PC computing experience (e.g. Microsoft ® Office, Windows ® operating systems)
• Experience implementing, troubleshooting, or using clinical software applications is preferred, but will consider similar experience with other types of applications.