Episode 4 – Enhancing HUB Programming at Texas State University w/ Dan Alden and Destiny Llamas
Dan Alden and Destiny Llamas discuss how to best affect growth as it relates to Texas State University and the HUB community. Throughout the conversation they share University goals, insight on their HUB Program and much more. Dan Alden & Destiny Llamas, Director of Procurement/HUB Coordinator & HUB Specialist at Texas State University.
· Dan emphasizes the need for more outreach and a cultural shift at the University
· Discuss HUB numbers “snapshot” and how it’s measured based on division and commodities
· Destiny elaborates on specific areas of improvement as well as services within their HUB community
· Expand on collaborations with fellow state agencies such as their sister University, Sam Houston State University, and more
· Share advice to potential vendors and best practices to apply for available contracts
· Elaborate on HUB networking events and advise best networking practices for the HUB community
· Discuss specific ways in which the HUB community has shifted through the pandemic and change in overall spend
· Destiny breaks down the HUB contracting process and how they measure areas of improvement for spend
· Dan and Destiny detail how they approach challenges with HUB vendors and contractors as well as how they work through these issues to develop the best solution
· Dan and Destiny give advice for upcoming HUB coordinators by sharing some of the personal challenges they have overcome throughout their careers
· Destiny shares successful stories between prime contractors and HUB partnerships
· Destiny shares what she feels are the most important qualities of being a coordinator such as being thorough, patient, and personable
· Both Dan and Destiny share their experience within the procurement industry as well as prior experience
· They encourage people to reach out via email or phone for additional information
Contact Dan Alden & Destiny Llamas: 512-245-2521 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosted by: Tyrone Dixon & Jada Harris
I cannot express how much appreciation I have for the Mpulse organization for linking me with exceptional projects and exemplary organizations. Considering my skill set and career experience they are eager to represent me as an asset to their clients. The hiring process with Mpulse was a pleasant experience, after having dealt with so much disorganization with past consulting companies. I would definitely recommend Mpulse as an excellent consulting firm to all of my associates.
- T.C. Budd
“I have been working with Tyrone Dixon and Mpulse Technology for over a year and have been extremely impressed. Tyrone has consistently demonstrated his vast knowledge and experience in the technology sector. Tyrone has tremendous organizational and managerial skills which have proven invaluable to my organization. I highly recommend Tyrone and Mpulse Technology, I consider our relationship to be a vital asset to our business.”
- David Martinez, Specialty Veterinary Pharmacy, Stafford, Tex
After my interview with the CEO , I knew that Mpulse was exactly the place I wanted to work. Mpulse has attracted a diversified team of skilled individuals who are highly motivated and share Mpulse core values. I am extremely honored to work with these very qualified people and amazed at the skill level of the personnel from top to bottom in the corporation. Mpulse believes in a policy of excellence. It shows in their commitment to deliver the best service, not only their customers, but also their employees. Mpulse has set the bar on constant growth and improvement. Mpulse continues to do what it takes to be the best by maintaining a corporate culture that demonstrates high ethics and values as well as makes the employees feel appreciated, supported, and proud of their work.
- Sandra Vargas, Ambulatory Analyst III
We are pleased to give this recommendation letter in good faith regarding, Mpulse Healthcare & Technology, as a result of their excellent performance in providing Information Technology Services in support of Prairie View A&M University and Ellucian IT Support Services.Mpulse Healthcare & Technology became a supplier/vendor to PVAMU/Ellucian four years ago and after our initial project has quickly proven itself as a reliable provider of IT Consulting and Professional Services related to but not limited to the IT Information Technology Department.With Mpulse providing excellent and technically skills consultants, they successfully delivered several IT Projects and Services for our University.The breadth and depth of their consultant’s knowledge combined with a proven reliability qualifies them to implement complex projects.Given our experience from the contractual engagements with Mpulse, we are happy to recommend them as a vendor/supplier of Professional Services.
- Rodney Moore Director of Information Technology PVAMU/Ellucian