Episode 6 – Supporting HUB Community and Development of Minority Businesses Through Texas A&M University System with Keith Williams
Keith Williams provides business opportunities as the HUB Coordinator for Texas A&M University System (not associated w/ the university) –including 11 universities, 1 health science center, and 8 state agencies
· Provides equal opportunities and access through Texas A&M System while encouraging development of business in state with Texas with minorities
· Department consists of 4 workers in procurement office that support the Texas A&M System
· Keith is responsible for facility planning and construction of anything over threshold of 10 million – any opportunities or projects across state at any of the universities or agencies
· Anything under 10 million will go through partnership with SSC (Southeast Service Corp.)
· Primary focus in construction projects mainly new but also refurbished
· He elaborates on 3 delivery methods for large projects: construction manager at risk, competitive sealed proposal, and design build
· Details HUB percentage goals – breaks down increase year over year by percentage for minorities (increasing minority ethnicity goals)
· Keith mentions need for more prime HUB contractors and encourages potential candidates to reach out -regardless of HUB certification
· Expands on SSC partnership and role in contracting process with Texas A&M systems
· Explains distinction between Texas A&M System construction projects vs. university goals
· Lends advice to help prepare vendors; emphasizes importance of having proper documentation and submitting accurate HUB plan
· Shares passion for helping develop small businesses and increasing their reach throughout community
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/mpulse-live-podcast Contact Keith Williams: (979) 458-3265 or email@example.com For more information visit: hub.tamus.edu
Hosted by: Tyrone Dixon & Jada Harris
I cannot express how much appreciation I have for the Mpulse organization for linking me with exceptional projects and exemplary organizations. Considering my skill set and career experience they are eager to represent me as an asset to their clients. The hiring process with Mpulse was a pleasant experience, after having dealt with so much disorganization with past consulting companies. I would definitely recommend Mpulse as an excellent consulting firm to all of my associates.
- T.C. Budd
“I have been working with Tyrone Dixon and Mpulse Technology for over a year and have been extremely impressed. Tyrone has consistently demonstrated his vast knowledge and experience in the technology sector. Tyrone has tremendous organizational and managerial skills which have proven invaluable to my organization. I highly recommend Tyrone and Mpulse Technology, I consider our relationship to be a vital asset to our business.”
- David Martinez, Specialty Veterinary Pharmacy, Stafford, Tex
After my interview with the CEO , I knew that Mpulse was exactly the place I wanted to work. Mpulse has attracted a diversified team of skilled individuals who are highly motivated and share Mpulse core values. I am extremely honored to work with these very qualified people and amazed at the skill level of the personnel from top to bottom in the corporation. Mpulse believes in a policy of excellence. It shows in their commitment to deliver the best service, not only their customers, but also their employees. Mpulse has set the bar on constant growth and improvement. Mpulse continues to do what it takes to be the best by maintaining a corporate culture that demonstrates high ethics and values as well as makes the employees feel appreciated, supported, and proud of their work.
- Sandra Vargas, Ambulatory Analyst III
We are pleased to give this recommendation letter in good faith regarding, Mpulse Healthcare & Technology, as a result of their excellent performance in providing Information Technology Services in support of Prairie View A&M University and Ellucian IT Support Services.Mpulse Healthcare & Technology became a supplier/vendor to PVAMU/Ellucian four years ago and after our initial project has quickly proven itself as a reliable provider of IT Consulting and Professional Services related to but not limited to the IT Information Technology Department.With Mpulse providing excellent and technically skills consultants, they successfully delivered several IT Projects and Services for our University.The breadth and depth of their consultant’s knowledge combined with a proven reliability qualifies them to implement complex projects.Given our experience from the contractual engagements with Mpulse, we are happy to recommend them as a vendor/supplier of Professional Services.
- Rodney Moore Director of Information Technology PVAMU/Ellucian